Updated information about the fall season in Athletics, PE, PA, and Visual Arts
Important note to parents of ninth and tenth graders: In the fall, all ninth and tenth graders were required to enroll in a performing arts class, which met from 2:00-2:50 on Mondays and Thursdays. In the winter season, they are not required to take a PA class. In addition, they may have chosen an IAP instead of one of our PE or team options. Many have chosen to take Foundations of Art during either the PA or PE blocks, but for some, the school day will end at 2:00. Unless you have specified otherwise, students who are free at 2:00 may leave campus for the day. If you would like your child to remain on campus until 3:25, please make that clear to your child and contact Upper School Assistant Holly Khiel to let her know. Please call if you have questions.
The fall ’14 athletic season is officially closed and we are beginning to wind up for winter sports. We are also preparing for new winter terms for Physical Education, Performing Arts and Visual Arts classes. Please refer to the following important dates, and note that the US schedule allows students to leave at 2:00 pm during this “off-season” until winter terms of PA and PE begin again.
- Monday, 11/3: Varsity Girls Ice Hockey begins
- Monday, 11/10: Sports Recognition Night, 7:00-8:30 in Franklin Theater
- Monday, 11/17: Swimming, Boys ice Hockey, and Basketball begin
- Monday, 11/24: Varsity Nordic skiing begins
- Tuesday, 11/18: Winter PE begins
- ASAP, no later than 11/21: Winter IAP applications are due
- Monday, 11/17: Winter PA begins
- Thursday, 11/13: First section of Foundations of Art (it meets during PA block, Mondays and Thursdays)
- Friday, 11/14: Second section of Foundations of Art begins (it meets during PE block, Tuesdays and Fridays)
- Friday, 11/14: Wheel-Thrown Ceramics begins (it meets during PE block, Tuesdays and Fridays)
- Monday, 11/10: Acting class begins (it meets during PA block, Mondays and Thursdays, from 2:00 – 3:20)