Strength and Conditioning
Waynflete has a state-of-the-art strength and conditioning Fitness Center.
Strength and Conditioning Coach — Andre Rossignol
Andre Rossignol is Waynflete’s strength and conditioning coach. Andre teaches the Upper School fitness class, supervises open hours in the fitness room, and works with Waynflete teams throughout the year. He graduated from the University of Maine at Presque Isle in 2021 with his Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science and has coached soccer, basketball, and track. He also was a strength and conditioning intern at the University of Maine at Orono. Andre now owns a gym with his wife and works as a personal trainer.
Fitness Center Policies
- Must take part in an orientation session prior to use
- Sign in each time
- Use at own risk
- No food or drink other than water allowed
- No outside shoes allowed. Bring a pair of clean sneakers to wear.
- No street clothes. Athletic attire required.
- May not use the room without an adult present.
- Squat racks may be used only under direct supervision by a trained coach.
FACULTY AND STAFF
- Must complete a waiver before use (available from Athletic Director or Athletic Trainer)
- Use equipment according to its intended use
- Return all weights and equipment to proper location
- Wipe down equipment after each use and dispose of wipes in recycling bin
- If an injury occurs or equipment is broken, inform the Athletic Director, Athletic Trainer, or a coach immediately.
- Call 911 in case of medical emergency
- AED is located on wall outside of Fitness Center to the right of elevator.