How To Apply
The best way to decide if Waynflete is the right school for your child is to see for yourself -- to visit our campus, speak with our admission team, observe classes, and meet teachers and students. We offer nearly 20 events that allow you to ask questions and highlight different aspects of our program. But it all begins with a visit.
Schedule a Visit
Waynflete asks all students and parents to personally visit the school. Students spend a day shadowing a current student; parents tour the campus and have a short interview with a member of the Admission staff. (It is usually most convenient for families to schedule their visits on the same day.) We will work with out-of-state families to meet these requirements in the most convenient way possible.
- When to schedule a visit: student and parent visits begin in October for Middle and Upper School students, and in November for Lower School students, and continue through the spring and summer.
- Click here to find out what to bring on your visit day.
- Take advantage of our upcoming events: the more you know, the better your decision. We strongly encourage students and parents to attend as many events as you can. View a list of upcoming events.
File an Application
Once you have completed the information request form, you will automatically be given access to an account on the Admission Portal. Through the Admission Portal, you will be able to complete your application online and track the status of other required documents throughout the process. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding access to the Admission Portal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are sure you want to apply, it would be helpful to submit the Parent Application and the $40 application fee on or before the student’s visit to Waynflete.
If you inquired by phone to our office and were provided with access to an account on the Admission Portal, there is no need to fill out the information request form. You can log on to your account on the Admission Portal and complete your application online.
Complete an Application
The application requirements vary according to the age of the applicant. The applications include forms to be filled out by the family, the candidate’s current school (if applicable), and teachers. If you have contacted our office, you will receive a complete application packet by mail. The application process should be completed as soon as possible during rolling Admission in the spring and summer.
The Application Forms for Lower, Middle and Upper School can also be downloaded by clicking here. All application materials—including teacher recommendations, transcripts, and transcript releases, as well as student writing samples/activities sheets for applicants to Grades 6-11—should be emailed or mailed to this address: Admission Office, Waynflete, 360 Spring Street, Portland, ME 04102.
Apply For Tuition Assistance (if needed)
Waynflete asks families to apply for tuition assistance only after they have considered all available resources and determined the full cost of tuition is beyond their means. Please contact the Admission Office directly for more information at 207.772.5721, ext. 1396 or email@example.com.
Tuition Assistance is awarded based on demonstrated need and available funding.
Consideration for tuition assistance includes the following steps:
- Check the tuition assistance request box on Waynflete’s inquiry form and/or Parent Application.
- Complete the tuition assistance application (PFS). This can be accessed online at School and Student Services. The filing fee is $55. Waynflete’s school code is 8068. In cases of divorce or separation, both parents must complete a PFS.
- After filing the PFS, upload 2018 federal tax returns to SSS. 2019 W2/1099 forms should be uploaded in January. 2019 federal tax returns should be uploaded by April 15.
For more information, please visit the Tuition and Tuition Assistance sections or contact Ed Knoll in the Waynflete Admission Office at 207.774.5721, ext. 1396.
Applicants will be notified of the school's decision on March 10 for first-round applicants, and as applicants become complete for rolling admission. Please contact the Admission Office at 207.274.5224 for additional information.