How To Apply
The best way to decide if Waynflete is the right school for your child is to see for yourself -- to visit our campus, speak with our admission team, observe classes, and meet teachers and students. We offer nearly 20 events that allow you to ask questions and highlight different aspects of our program. But it all begins with a visit.
Schedule a Visit
Waynflete asks all students and parents to personally visit the school. Students spend a day shadowing a current student; parents tour the campus and have a short interview with a member of the Admission staff. (It is usually most convenient for families to schedule their visits on the same day.) We will work with out-of-state families to meet these requirements in the most convenient way possible.
- When to schedule a visit: student and parent visits begin in October for Middle and Upper School students, and in November for Lower School students, and continue through the spring and summer.
- Click here to find out what to bring on your visit day.
- Take advantage of our upcoming events: the more you know, the better your decision. We strongly encourage students and parents to attend as many events as you can. View a list of upcoming events.
File an Application
If you have completed the information request form, you will automatically be given access to an account on the Admission Portal. Through the Admission Portal, you will be able to complete your application online and track the status of other required documents throughout the process. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding access to the Admission Portal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are sure you want to apply, it would be helpful to submit the Parent Application and the $40 application fee on or before the student’s visit to Waynflete.
If you inquired by phone to our office and were provided with access to an account on the Admission Portal, there is no need to fill out the information request form. You can log on to your account on the Admission Portal and complete your application online.
Complete an Application
The application requirements vary according to the age of the applicant. The applications include forms to be filled out by the family, the candidate’s current school (if applicable), and teachers. If you have contacted our office, you will receive a complete application packet by mail. The application process should be completed as soon as possible during rolling Admission in the spring and summer.
The Application Forms for Lower, Middle and Upper School can also be downloaded by clicking here. All application materials—including teacher recommendations, transcripts, and transcript releases, as well as student writing samples/activities sheets for applicants to Grades 6-11—should be emailed or mailed to this address: Admission Office, Waynflete, 360 Spring Street, Portland, ME 04102.
Apply For Tuition Assistance (if applicable)
The Tuition Assistance Application deadline is January 10. Following this deadline, applicants should contact the Admission Office directly for more information at 207.774.5721, ext. 1396, or email@example.com.
Tuition Assistance is awarded based on available funding and demonstrated need. To be considered for tuition assistance, please be sure to complete the following steps:
- Check the tuition assistance request box on the information request form and/or your Parent Application (see links above).
- Complete the Parents Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS can be accessed online at the School and Student Services (SSS) website. Your completed PFS and filing fee of $48 are due by January 10. (Please note: Waynflete’s school code is 8068.) In case of divorce or separation, both parents must complete the PFS.
- After submitting the PFS, parents should submit a signed copy of their 2015 tax return to SSS. When available, all 2016 W2 and/or 1099 forms should also be submitted to SSS. A copy of your 2016 tax return is due by April 15.
For more information, please visit the Tuition and Tuition Assistance sections or contact the Admission Office at 207.774.5721, ext. 1396.
Applicants will be notified of the school's decision on March 10 for first-round applicants, and as applicants become complete for rolling admission. Please contact the Admission Office at 207.774.5721, ext. 1224 for additional information.