Summertime Arts is Waynflete’s traditional decades-old arts and crafts program in which campers can learn and master a variety of arts experiences. Waynflete’s “Summertime Arts Village” contains several art stations, through which the camper will rotate daily. Free time outdoors is part of each day. A strong sense of camp community is established through all camp meetings at the beginning and end of the day.Ages: Waynflete Wombats Junior (Grades 2-4) and Waynflete Wombats (Grades 5-7)
Times: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
8:00-8:30 a.m. Arrival and free time
8:30-9:00 a.m. Morning Meeting at the Amphitheater
9:00-10:00 a.m. Art station 1
10:00-10:30 a.m. Snack and outside play
10:30-11:30 a.m. Art station 2
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Art station 3
12:30- 1:30 p.m. Lunch and outside play
1:30-2:30 p.m. Art station 4
2:30-3:00 p.m. Free choice
3:00-3:30 p.m. All-Camp meeting
3:30 p.m. Camper pick-up
Each week will include four of the following Summertime Arts stations:
- Sewing and Fabric Arts: “Fun and Functional Sewn Items” - simple and quick projects by hand or machine, such as wallets, puppets, potholders, pouches, aprons, juggling balls and headbands. Bring your own sewing machine if you can! All skill levels.
- Ceramics: Develop skills in hand working, such as pinch and coil pots, decorate tiles with glaze and pressed found objects, and create food for tiny homes or imaginative sculptures! Work up to throwing a bowl on the potter’s wheel…
- Looming and weaving: Learn the ancient art of weaving on one of Waynflete’s various-sized, authentic looms. Create a belt, bracelet, or headband in colors of your choice.
- Sketching and painting: Still life and plein air sketches will be turned into watercolor and acrylic paintings in the studio.
- Tiny Homes: Use paper goods, recycled items, and your creativity to design and build a miniature building - and city - complete with tiny objects inside.
- Handiworks: Create a variety of crochet and needle-felting projects such as small pouches or animals.
- Building With Scraps: Design and build upcycled instruments, a treasure box, and other inventive projects inspired by your own imagination.
Week 2 (June 17-21)
Week 3 (June 24-28)
Week 4 (July 1-5) No camp July 4
Week 5 (July 8-12)
Week 6 (July 15-July 19)
Week 7 (July 22-26)