Grade 7 Science - Gulf of Maine
Use these resources to find information on the effects of climate change on the Gulf and the organisms you are studying: lobster, longfin squid, lion's mane jellyfish.
- The books in your classroom have information on the individual organisms. Remember to use the index.
- Maine Newspapers database - Search through the Bangor Daily News, Kennebec Journal, Morning Sentinel, Maine Times, Portland Press Herald and Sun Journal dating back to 1980.
- Mayday: Gulf of Maine in Distress series (PDF)
- Vulnerable Waters (PDF): Warming within the swirling ocean depths of the Gulf of Maine has implications for all life and livelihoods within the ecosystem. Scientists, fishermen and aquaculturists brace for challenges.
- Why Is the Gulf of Maine Warming Faster Than 99% of the Ocean?
- Climate Change to Have Drastic Effects on Gulf of Maine Lobster and Clam Fisheries, Studies Say (PDF)
- Maine Fisheries (PDF)