Arts Committee Chair: Heather Lippert
Visual Arts Liaison:
Music Liaison: Tri Nguyen and Emily Bukowski-Thall
Dance Liaison: Heather Lippert
The Arts Committee is composed of parents interested in the arts community of the School. The committee celebrates Waynflete's visual arts, performing arts, and literary arts programs in the following ways:
- providing an opportunity for the Waynflete community to exchange ideas and to discuss general arts-related issues;
- organizing faculty presentations about the Waynflete arts curriculum;
- assisting with exhibitions and receptions for the Waynflete Art Gallery;
- hosting Monday Books, a reading group led by Waynflete faculty and open to all parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Chairs: Julie Forsyth & Marcy Makinen
Waynflete’s Parent Diversity Committee is a volunteer group that supports the school's commitment to diversity. Committee members organize presentations and discussions with faculty, students, and families. This year, the committee will host a discussion for adoptive parents, invite Colby College students and faculty to an identity workshop, and provide support for school events including a youth identity conference and a visiting day for college students of color.
Chair: Nancy Veroneau
The Athletic Council supports the athletics program, with a focus on Grades 6-12. We support Waynflete athletics through:
- Athletic Council meets twice a year with the Athletic Director;
- hosting a pre-season family picnic in August at the Fore River Fields;
- assisting with the end-of-season awards ceremonies (three times per year);
- assisting with the Snack Shack at athletic events.
The Friends of the Library support the library through daily volunteering, ongoing projects and special events. To become a Friend, just contact librarian Laurel Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org. All parents - and ideas - are welcome. Current activities are:
- Annual Book Bash
- Used Book Sale at Spring Fling
- Think Ink - turn used printer cartridges and cell phones into cash (collection bins are in the library, mail room and Lower School offce
- Bottles for Books - turn returnable bottles and cans into cash through the CLYNK recycling program (pick up a CLYNK bag in the library)
- Birthday Books - donate a book to the library in honor of your child's birthday or other special occasion
- Daily Volunteering - help out in the library during the school day