Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Waynflete’s Mission Statement
Waynflete’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion permeates all aspects of our program. Our mission states that diversity is one of the conditions of excellence because we believe that the educational experiences of all students are enhanced in an environment that is truly diverse. We strive to create an inclusive environment, which enables students from all backgrounds to learn from one another. When we are challenged through exposure to a wide range of viewpoints, we learn to examine our assumptions, question the status quo, and creatively craft solutions to even the most daunting challenges.
Our institutional commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion is an important component of our faculty and staff culture. Waynflete's faculty practice, and want to continue to develop, inclusive practices in teaching, team work, and leadership. We believe that all students benefit from more inclusive environments.
Our community strives to be equitable and just. In reaching for these goals, we:
- look for ways to understand and celebrate the richness of the human experience,
- purposely integrate global perspectives into curriculum,
- work diligently to create opportunities for all voices and opinions to be heard,
- emphasize learning and growth through mutual respect and understanding, and
- desire to include and accept all individuals.
This commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion—and its actualization in all that we do and stand for—is central to both the education of our students and our collective hope that all individuals in their own ways become responsible and caring participants in the world.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion News
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Programs and Resources