Research & Reading
Finding a book:
- Waynflete Library Catalog - Use our library catalog to find books, DVDs, and audiobooks. Please ask a librarian if you do not find what you are looking for!
- Waynflete's Digital Library - A collection of Overdrive ebooks and audiobooks selected by Waynflete librarians for Waynflete students. Log in by using your waynflete google ID as your username and your library number as your password. Contact a librarian if you need help logging in. Follow this link to download the Overdrive app for your tablet or smartphone.
- Summer Reading Site - The English Department and the Library have created a list of books for summer reading. It includes both the required summer reading from the English Department, and recommendations from both librarians and English teachers.
Research Databases (alphabetical list):
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - Gale Virtual Reference Library is an ebook collection of specialized encyclopedias and other quality reference sources on a variety of disciplines. These reference materials, appropriate for middle and upper school students, once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7.
- JSTOR - An excellent source for historical research, as well as other sublect areas. However, the articles are all at least one year old. ProQuest or Academic Search Premier in MARVEL would be better choices for current events.
- Kids Infobits - For Lower Schoolers. Provides access to magazine, newspaper, and reference book articles about people, government, history, science, health, sports, geography, current events, the arts, and more.
- MARVEL! Maine's Virtual Library - With access provided through the state of Maine, MARVEL! is a source for magazine and newspaper articles on a variety of subjects. Includes EBSCO periodicals database, specialized databases for science and technology, business, literature, health, and the environment. Also includes Encyclopedia Britannica online.
- MARVEL for Kids! - Databases designed specifically for elementary school-aged children.
- Research in Context - For Middle Schoolers. Provides access to magazine, newspaper, and reference book articles about people, government, history, science, health, sports, geography, current events, the arts, and more.
- World Book Encyclopedia - The online version of the popular encyclopedia is designed for early elementary through middle school aged students.
List of passwords for databases - These databases require a password for off-campus access. You must be logged in to your Waynflete google account to access this list.
- Noodletools - Noodletools helps you create notecards, outlines, and bibliographies. For help creating an account, see a librarian.
- OWL - Instructions in MLA style.
- Through Interlibrary loan you can request materials to supplement those we offer on campus. Use the links below to search other libraries, then complete this ILL Form to request materials.
- URSUS - A catalog of the University of Maine system libraries.
- Mainecat - A catalog of the collections of public, academic, and special libraries throughout the state of Maine.
- Portland Public Library - Search our local public library.